Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day 2

The first day of class went well. I think that the students were apprehensive and hopefully by the end of the class period they understood what is expected of them within this particular writing class. I purposely made it obvious that they understand that feminism is a large part of our writing classroom, and that, in fact, every class period will pertain to feminism regarding Native women. I assigned the same two readings for the first class homework assignment so that I could continue to understand what the students need, want and expect from this semester by assigning two different types of reading.
I feel giddy about teaching 140, Women in America, because it's such a unique class and focused on women--not everyone has the chance to take such a course. I was lucky enough to take this exact course (obviously not the same curriculum) when I was a sophomore here at the University.

No comments: