Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Finishing up Winona LaDukes All Our Relations

Today the students are finishing All Our Relations by Winona LaDuke. I feel like they've made a lot of progress in learning about the environmental and health aspects of Native populations due to industrialism and modern technology.

At the beginning of class I had them watch "Manoomin: A Minnesota Way of Life" that Dr. Grabill let me borrow. Then I asked them to blog about their response to the ways that research may have been conducted, problems they may have had with the research presented, etc.

I look forward to hearing the discussion that will be taking place shortly, about the video. The students have really extended themselves and proven how much they want to learn about the wrong-doings that LaDuke talks about throughout the book and the videos we've watched.

No comments: